Monday, January 18, 2010

BARGELLO WORKSHOP

On Saturday I had 5 ladies to learn how to make a Bargello Quilt. I learnt this technique with a lady called Vickie Miles, who for a short time lived here in Portugal.



The ladies had to concentrate so hard(they were at times so quiet) to make sure that the seams jointed at the right place and found that pins did help a great deal. At the same time they learnt that it is very important to get your scant 1/4 inch right, if not the 3/4 inch strip will disappear when joined with the other strips and you loose the effect.

By the end of the day, two of the ladies, Isabel(left) and Anabella(right)managed to get this far on their quilts.



















The ladies will return in two weeks to finish the project off, as we found that one day wasn't enought for this project.

3 comments:

  1. They look lovely!
    Bargello is one of my favourite methods, the results always get a "WOW".
    I hope the ladies are happy with what they made? How could they not be...
    bjs
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your blog Helen! I love the name. And I hope that you find lots of time for your postings. Have fun.
    bjs
    Ursula

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Helen
    Congratulations from me aswell. I like the "design".
    Wish you lot of fun with the blog.
    bjs Birte

    ReplyDelete