Friday, January 28, 2011

Wednesday's Class

On Wednesday the ladies all had a go at making a Dresden Plate cushion and came up various colour combinations. Fernanda with her blacks,
she is going to add the remainder of the strips to make the border.
And Gaby brought scraps to make her's
And Gurterdos used only two colours for the wedges
as well as Madalena
and this lady (she likes reds and blacks!) for whom this is only her second project, chose two colours as well.

Almost all decided that they wanted to piece the dresden plate by hand, especially the centre, as they thought it would be much nicer. I hope ladies that next week I can see the finished cushion!
Gaby brought in her cathedral window with a twist top, of which she decided to add squares to the centre, very effective, I think.

Well on Saturday afternoon, we are making Mug Rugs using paper piecing, for those ladies that are unable to make class on a Wednesday. I hope tomorrow to be able to show my Mug Rug Matts that I have made for the swap.

No comments:

Post a Comment